To Our Valued Patients and Friends,
We are excited to let you know we are beginning to open our doors and welcome you all back. Our top priority is the health and well-being of our patients, families, staff and community. Given the current environment with COVID-19, we have implemented the following changes in our office that we want you to be aware of:
To mitigate the number of staff members and patients in the office at one time and to provide for as much social distancing as possible, we are asking:
- that you arrive alone or have anyone accompanying you to wait outside or in the car, when possible.
- that you wait in your car until your scheduled appointment, limiting waiting room conversation and for allowing social distancing.
- Removed many of the chairs in the reception area.
- Staggered appointments so that patients aren't arriving and leaving at the same time.
- Managed appointments to allow for physical distancing between patients. This might mean patients are offered fewer options for appointment times.
To limit any virus from entering the office and to avoid any transmission of any virus:
- Patients will be screened using a questionnaire, both when making an appointment and again when you arrive. Temperature will be taken prior to start of treatment.
- We will be screening staff members for COVID-19 symptoms and recording temperatures upon arrival, daily.
- Staff members or patients that arrive with symptoms or register a temperature over 100.4 degrees will be asked to go home and/or reschedule.
- Patients and staff are asked to wear a mask while in the office.
- Installed protective plexiglass shields in the reception area similar to retail stores to minimize direct aerosolized transmission of viruses.
- We have installed a secondary high volume evacuation, this is in addition to our normal use of a primary high volume evacuation. Together, the evacuation systems will help control and mitigate any aerosol production during dental treatment.
- Placed air purifiers in both the reception area and patient rooms. These air purifiers use HEPA filters as well as UV light to kill 99.9% of airborne viruses and bacteria.
- The practice may use telehealth (virtual or phone appointments) in order to limit a patient’s need to physically be in the office.
- You will see us wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) such as face shields, hair coverings, N95 or alternative respiratory protection, and shoe coverings. These added items will help protect us as well as you from any virus or bacteria transmission.
- You will be asked to rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide to remove any virus or bacteria in the mouth upon being seated in the dental chair.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for your use before and after touching items in the office.
- We have always been trained and up to date in infection control protocol and we remain devoted to continuing to maintain a safe environment for you and ourselves.
Please also be aware that we have implemented a $12 additional PPE(Personal Protective Equipment) fee for all appointments. This fee may not be covered by your insurance plan, and may change as Covid-19 protocol develops.
We want you all to know that we have met and exceeded all of the Federal, State and County criteria. We look forward to seeing you back in the office soon.
Dr. Negari and Staff